You’ve probably seen contractor websites with live chat functionality.
Is it worth it? Does it get new business?
You’ve probably wondered. I recently added it to my website. In this solocast, I discuss how it is working for us so far.
Below are some screenshots of how my website site looked with the live chat implemented. If you’re reading this through a podcast player like iTunes, you will need to look for a link to the ‘Episode Webpage’.
Here’s an outline on what I discuss in this solocast:
00:31 Live chat as a means to capture leads
- Outsourcing live chat support through agencies
- The objective of live chat support
- Current pricing for outsourcing agencies
02:44 Getting live chat on my website
- Using an in-source team
- Setting live chat support up
- Issues faced with live chat involving design
- Things to consider when getting live chat on your site
07:37 Performance of live chat support
- How many chats were initiated within the site
- How many chats converted to an estimate
- The downsides of live chat
15:17 The ultimatum on live chat